The invention of mobile gambling has led to a super-competitive industry, where new innovations and solutions are always being launched. However, one of the best mobile gaming inventions is often overlooked – SMS deposits.
SMS casinos allow players to deposit in a quick and convenient manner, and allow you to catch up on all your favourite slots while on the go and win some cash too.
SMS casinos have become more and more popular recently, as players are finally catching on to the many benefits they offer. If you're still in the dark, however, don't worry.
On this page, you can learn everything you need to know about SMS casinos, including:
- How SMS deposits work at online and mobile casinos
- The advantages of using the method
- The restrictions of using the method
- What kinds of games you can enjoy as an SMS depositor
Top Casino Sites for SMS Deposits
What is an SMS Deposit at an Online Casino?
An SMS casino, as the name suggests, is a casino which allows players to deposit funds via SMS text message. Usually, such sites are mobile casinos however a lot of them are available to desktop and tablet players too.
SMS casinos offer all the same great things you've come to expect from online casinos (great games, slots, bonuses and promotions), yet allow you to fund your account in a way which is super easy. As such, they're some of the most convenient casinos around.
SMS Depositing Services
SMS deposits work by charging the deposit to your monthly phone bill or by subtracting it from your existing phone credit. This means that you needn't share your bank or card details with the casino, which can be a worry for some players.
Instead, the SMS depositing service works in partnership with your mobile network. This means you can play right now and simply pay for the deposits when your monthly phone bill comes through. SMS deposits can be made via most of the UK's major phone networks, including Orange, Three, EE, Tesco Mobile and 02.
In addition to working in partnership with mobile networks, different casinos may use different SMS depositing services. They all work more or less in the same way, yet there are subtle differences in each. In the UK, the most popular SMS payment services include:
- SIRU Mobile
- Pay by Mobile
How to Make an SMS Deposit
No matter if you are already a pro at spinning those reels or are a total beginner, completing a payment is super easy. You don't even need any extra accounts to enjoy SMS games, as all that's required to make a deposit is a mobile telephone number.
Do note, to make a deposit, you're mobile provider needs to accept the method. If you're having difficulty, contact them to make sure you have the ability to do so.
- Log in to your casino of choice and go to the depositing page
- Select the SMS depositing option from the list of payment methods (may be called Boku, SIRU, Pay by Mobile)
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit to the casino
- Enter your mobile phone number (this must be a UK phone number and remember, this is the number to which the deposit will be charged)
- Confirm the payment by responding to the verification SMS message (you may need to reply to the text message, or you may need to enter a security code at the casino, which will be included in the verification SMS message)
Once these steps are complete, your funds should be in your casino account immediately. We told you it was super straight-forward and simple.
The Advantages of SMS Deposits
One of the main reasons why players may choose an SMS slot site over one which only offers traditional payment methods is because it makes your whole life easier. They're completely convenient and, therefore, you can start playing the casino games you love as soon as possible.
Aside from being a real time-saver, however, there are many other benefits to using this type of casino:
- SMS deposits are completely secure, as you don't need to share your bank details with the casino
- SMS deposits don't require you to sign up to a new payment service, which saves you from having to remember a new set of login details
- SMS deposits are completely free and so you needn't pay any transaction fees
- These types of deposits are perfect for mobile players, as everything can be managed from the same device
- SMS casinos offer a wide variety of games, including mobile slots, table games and more
- SMS depositing casinos also offer a wide array of rewards and promotions, including no deposit bonuses and free spins
Are There Any Drawbacks to SMS Services?
The main drawback to using an SMS service is that your deposits will be limited to £30 per day. This is the case at all SMS casinos and via all SMS depositing services. This limit is put in place to make sure that no one player can rack up hundreds of pounds worth of debts, which they cannot afford to pay off when their phone bill comes through. It's a logical limit which serves to protect players, yet this can be a real disadvantage to high-roller players.
Secondly, players cannot withdraw via SMS services. This makes sense too, as the casino doesn't have any information about where to send your funds and you wouldn't want your winnings to be stuck in your mobile account, would you?
Whilst this is slightly inconvenient, the good news is that most good SMS slot sites make it easy for depositors to use an alternative payment method when it comes to cashing out. This means that whilst withdrawing as an SMS player isn't as easy as it is for e-wallet users, it isn't the end of the world.
Finally, some SMS casino sites do not allow players who deposit via the service to pick up bonuses and promotions. This is entirely unfair and we'd recommend that you simply avoid these sites. That being said, it does mean that it's imperative that you read the casino's terms and conditions carefully before signing up as an SMS player.