The purpose of this document is to explain how we use and process your information, to highlight our compliance with data protection laws and make you aware of your rights. This document does not override any written agreement or contract you have with us, or your rights under data protection laws.
1. Who controls my personal data?
GoWin is owned and managed by Fable Media. We are the data controllers of your personal data, meaning that we collect and process your information.
Our data is collected through Google Analytics, who may also store data for their own purposes.
2. What information do you collect?
Depending upon your use of the website, the information we collect, and process, may include the following:
- Website usage
- IP address
- Email address
- Your preferences
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
3. What do you use my personal data for?
The information collected through GoWin is stored securely, in accordance with data protection laws, and for no longer than is necessary. GoWin will always use your information lawfully and in good faith, and we comply with all your rights and all obligations as stated in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may use your data for any of the following purposes:
- To improve the service and user experience we offer to you
- Managing your access to our website
- Tailoring our services for you
- To reply to any email or call from you
- To send any emails or information you have opted to receive
- Analyse information in our databases to improve our operation of business
- To improve targeted adverts
- Market research
- To comply with duties and obligations
Personal data will also be processed by our analytics service providers including Google, who process the data for their own purposes as distinct Data Controllers from ourselves.
We do not pass or share any of your information with third parties, and we will not send you any unsolicited marketing.
We take all reasonable steps and precautions to ensure we carry out and comply with our obligations as stated under the GDPR.
4. How is my data stored?
GoWin will keep data for only as long as is necessary and reasonable. We will only keep the data in order to fulfil the purposes as described in section 3.
We have taken all suitable measures to ensure the protection and safeguarding of all the data collected through our website.
Some data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We deem you to have accepted and agreed to this by using our site. All security and precautions will be taken to ensure your data is treated with the same care and diligence as would be the case within the UK.
Please note that we may be required to hold and retain records containing your information for regulatory, compliance, legitimate business and legal purposes.
In exceptional circumstances, we may be required, by law, to share data you have provided on our website, including personal data. In such circumstances we will be fulfilling and complying with legal obligations given through a court order or government authority.
5. How can I control my data?
When you submit data to our website we may provide options which enable you to restrict our use of your personal data, as well as options to opt-out of all direct marketing campaigns.
For instance, if you sign-up to a regular newsletter or similar correspondence through us, you will have the option to opt-out of receiving this correspondence.
Although we do not share information to third parties, you may also wish to sign-up to preference services operating in the UK which can help to prevent receiving unsolicited marketing. These services include:
- The Telephone preference service (TPS)
- The Corporate Telephone Preference service (CPTS)
- Mailing Preference Service (MPS)
Do note that certain areas of our site may be restricted without the submission of requested data.
6. Can I access my data and what are my rights?
There are rights which you and are entitled to in relation to your personal data, as stipulated in the GDPR.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold. No fee is payable, as stipulated in the GDPR. We will provide any and all information in response to such requests.
Your principal rights include:
- The right to access of personal data held on our databases
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability, meaning the right to receive a copy of your personal details which can then be used by another organisation
- The right to object to us using your personal data and information for certain purposes
You are entitled to ask:
- Whether we are processing your data
- For access to, and a copy, of the personal details and data we hold
- For explanation of how your data is used, who we disclose it to, how long we keep your data for, where we get data from, whether we transfer the data outside of the EU, how we protect your data and how to file a complaint
- For us to rectify inaccurate personal data
For further information on your rights, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or, alternatively, your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
7. Removal of Information
There are certain other circumstances in which we reserve the right to deny the removal of your personal information such as, but not limited to, legal obligations.
We can grant the removal of personal information on our site when:
- The data is not needed for any purposes as set out in section 3
- We have processed information unlawfully
- We are under no legal obligation due to a court order, government directive or any other legal authoritative order to hold your information
Should you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us via email on email@example.com. We will endeavour to answer your query as quickly and effectively as possible.
You also have the right to file a formal complaint through the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This policy may be subject to change. In such circumstances, we will immediately post the changes on our website.