Magnet Gaming have served up a feast for us with Le Chef. This entertaining and light-hearted slot is based in a hectic French kitchen. Thomas Nielsen, the head of gaming licencing at Magnet Gaming, said: ''Le Chef serves up the French restaurant experience to players and if you can impress Paris's toughest food critics, there are plenty of delicious prizes to be gobbled up.'' These are very true words indeed, with the slot offering the possibility of some great wins.
Le Chef is a very busy individual, juggling the roles of waiter, cook and dish washer. Your objective is to assist him in creating magnificent signature dishes designed to impress the infamous, tough-to-please Parisian food critics. Impress them enough, and you might just scoop Le Jackpot.
Upon first glance, Le Chef may not exactly spark your curiosity. Le Chef is not a slot blessed with beautiful graphics and a wow factor and only features 3 reels. Nevertheless, it is a thoroughly enjoyable and genial slot packed with value. Potential wins are considerable, and with fun bonus features and two progressive jackpots, Le Chef should whet your appetite.
The characters are cartoonish and lacking the detail of the powerhouses in the slot market. However, that design results in characters of an affable nature and a slot experience which evokes memories of games of yesteryear.
The setting is unmistakably French complete with candles, chalkboards, sausages hanging from the ceiling and décor which is truly characteristic of the classic French style. Furthermore, Le Chef is all played out to stereotypical French accordion music, as you musically shift gears around the restaurant.
For foodies, Le Chef is bound to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience with appetising French staples jumping at from every direction. Le Chef serves up croissants, lobsters, roosters, soup, cheese and cake which might just spark your taste buds.
User Interface And Experience
- A classic style slot with 3 reels and 8 paylines
- RTP of 96.5%
- A slot serving gamblers of all persuasions. Choose from bets ranging from 10p to £8
- 2 progressive jackpots
- 4 bonus features
Bucking the usual slot formality, Le Chef doesn’t include the standard wild and scatter icons. Instead, the slot is all based around, quite appropriately, three-of-a-kind matches of food and restaurant-related symbols. 3 matching symbols on any of the 8 paylines either wins coins or the unlocking of a bonus feature.
First, for the food symbols:
- Three croissants win you 40 coins
- Three soups will dish you 60 coins
- Three cheeses serve up 100 coins
- Three cakes will slice you 200 coins
- Three roosters will beak you 400 coins
- Three lobsters will claw you 600 coins
Nonetheless, it’s the menu of bonus features which serve up the tastiest wins in Le Chef. You will encounter four distinct symbols: Kitchen Time, Pick a Dish, Food Critic and Bon Apetit. Each one of these symbols represent a different bonus feature. There are two possible jackpots which can produce some impressive wins!
- Kitchen Time. Activate this round with three matching Kitchen Time symbols.
- This feature acts as a free spin-type round where you collect dirty dishes. Coins are won with every dirty plate added to the pile in the sink. The greater the number of dishes collected, the larger your prize will be
- Alternatively, Le Chef sells portions of soup and is rewarded with each sale
- You can win a jackpot if you collect enough dishes
- It is also possible to trigger other bonus features in the Kitchen Time round
Pick a Dish:
- Pick a Dish. Three matching Pick A Dish symbols unlock the Pick A Dish bonus feature.
- This feature will take you to an area with a selection of unrevealed dishes. You select dishes at random, and each one contains either coins or other bonus feature symbols.
- Once the dish is revealed, you can either take the prize or choose again.
- Food Critic. Enter this feature with three matching Food Critic symbols.
- Here you are cooking up a three-course meal for a demanding food critic. You hazard a guess at which ingredients will be to the critic’s taste. Players are guaranteed bonuses with the right selections.
- A frown face expresses the food critic’s displeasure at your dish. The feature terminates after a certain number of frown faces.
- If you find stars, the critic is impressed. Collect three stars to win 280 coins, six stars awards 320 coins and 9 stars will give you a spin on the jackpot.
- If you keep opting for ingredients which the food critic approves of, you will move closer to the big jackpot win.
- A cheese symbol rewards you with one more round
- Once all rounds are complete, you move back to the basic gameplay
- Bon Apetit. Unlock this feature with three matching Bon Apetit symbols.
- Now it’s down to business, time to serve the hungry public. Le Chef races around serving customers, with each plate containing different winning amounts
- The round progresses with rolls of a die
- You win coins and bonuses for every successful serve
- Dishes continue to line-up, with wins attached to each of them
- You can also win one of two progressive jackpots in the jackpot spin
- The round finishes when all rolls have been thrown.
Our Take On The Game
Le Chef is an enjoyable slot packed with bonuses and value. Its relative simplicity is actually a strength rather than a weakness and adds to the charm of this Magnet Gaming slot. The French theme is enticing and really draws you in, providing an authentic Parisian slot experience.
Le Chef is definitely worth playing and we are confident in saying that you will not regret it. Despite its shortcomings, we cannot say anything but, magnifique!