With the World Cup 2018 fast approaching, this series of posts will take a look at the group stage matches and the odds each team have of winning them.
The World Cup 2018 kicks off officially on the 14th of June and, on the fourth day of the competition, Sweden and South Korea will both play their first matches, against each other. The match will take place in the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, which is located around 400 km east of Moscow.
The match will be interesting for two reasons; firstly because it’s been hard to predict how both Sweden and South Korea will perform in the competition, and secondly because both teams will be working hard to ensure they advance out of the group stages.
Read on to learn all you need to know about the match, including the key facts about each team’s recent performances and how these may influence the Sweden vs South Korea betting odds.
Sweden vs South Korea World Cup 2018: Date and Time
As we just mentioned, Sweden and South Korea will play their first matches of the World Cup 2018 at the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, in Nizhny Novgorod. The stadium has a capacity of 44,899 spectators, and will be the location for the quarter finals of the competition too.
Sweden vs South Korea will be played on Monday the 18th June, and will kick off at 14:00 PM (CET).
Although this match will be both team’s first game in the competition, the other two teams in their group, Mexico and Germany, will play the day before. This is sure to create some pressure for both Sweden and South Korea, and therefore there’s plenty of value in betting on this match.
Sweden vs South Korea: Group F Odds to Advance
The Sweden vs South Korea match will be the second game to be played from Group F, which consists of these two teams plus Mexico and Germany. Germany, who are the defending champions are, naturally, the favourites to advance but who goes through with them is still very much up for grabs.
These odds will definitely influence the match at hand, as each team will be very aware of the fact the need to rack up as many goals as possible to keep the other at bay. Even with Germany considered the favourites to advance, a large amount of goals could make the difference to whether or not one of these teams go through alongside them.
Sweden vs South Korea Winner Betting Odds
At the moment, the betting odds on Sweden vs South Korea show that the bookies are definitely backing the Nordic team to win:
- Sweden to win: 5/4
- South Korea to win: 3/1
- Draw: 12/5
Although these odds show that Sweden are the favourites to win, the odds on South Korea are also surprisingly short, and therefore we’d advise you to wait until closer to the event for better odds on either team.
Sweden vs South Korea: Recent Team Statistics
If you’re looking to place a wager on this match, then exploring both teams’ recent match statistics and their current form is very important. As the World Cup 2018 is yet to begin, we can look at both countries’ qualifying journeys for some clues.
- In their qualifying stages, Peru won six out of the ten games they played (60%), drew one and lost three.
- This meant that they failed to automatically qualify for the 2018 World Cup, and had to play off against Italy, where they won 1-0 on aggravate despite the fact that Italy were the favourites to win.
- Within the qualifying games, including the play-off match against Italy, Sweden scored 27 goals, and only conceded 9.
- In their qualifying group stage, South Korea won four out of the ten games they played (40%), drawing three and losing the other three.
- This meant they came second in their group, behind Iran, and automatically qualified for the 2018 World Cup.
- Within the ten qualifying games, South Korea scored 11 goals, conceded 10, and had four goalless matches.