Football teams from Africa have always been some of the top contending teams in the world. With the 2018 FIFA World Cup just around the corner, we analyse all the teams from Africa and their chances of winning the championship.
The hopes for an African team progressing far in the World Cup and even taking the trophy is high this time. Many teams within the African region have upped their training efforts and resources to ensure that they become a serious contender in the World Cup.
But hold on! In order to even compete at that level against the best teams in the world, you would first have to win the qualifiers. Here is a comprehensive list of all the teams in the Confederation of Africa Football’s Preliminary Competition.
Teams Representing Africa
From the 37 teams whom have fought for their lives for a top spot in the qualifiers, only five have managed to qualify and will be competing in Russia. Without further ado, here is the complete list of the qualified teams:
- Tunisia – Qualified as Group A Winners on the 11th of November 2017
- Nigeria – Qualified as Group B Winners on the 7th of October 2017
- Morocco – Qualified as Group C Winners on the 11th of November 2017
- Senegal – Qualified as Group D Winners on the 10th of November 2017
- Egypt – Qualified as Group E Winners on the 8th of October 2017
Of all the teams, Nigeria has the most appearances in the World Cup (5 times) and are obviously the favourites to do well in their upcoming matches. Speaking of upcoming matches, here is the schedule for the upcoming matches for all the African teams:
- Tunisia vs. England: 7.00PM on the 18th of June
- Nigeria vs. Argentina: 7.00PM on the 26th of June
- Morocco vs. Iran: 4.00PM on the 15th of June
- Senegal vs. Poland: 4.00PM on the 19th of June
- Egypt vs. Russia: 7.00PM on the 19th of June
Teams That Did Not Make It Through The Qualifiers
Unfortunately, not every team aspiring to represent Africa in the upcoming World Cup has made it through the qualifiers. Some came really close with only falling behind by a single point. A few teams whom put up a really good fight are:
- DR Congo – 1 point behind Tunisia
- Zambia – 5 points behind Nigeria
- Ivory Coast – 4 points behind Morocco
- Burkina Faso – 5 points behind Senegal
- Uganda – 4 points behind Egypt
Betting on World Cup Games
Now that you know of all the African teams playing in the World Cup, and who they are playing against, you are in a good position of betting and making some money.
To make your life as easy as possible, we have compiled a list of all the odds for the first matches of all the African teams. What are you waiting for? Bet away!
- Tunisia vs. England
- England – 4/11 ; Draw – 18/5 ; Tunisia – 17/2
- Nigeria vs. Argentina
- Nigeria – 11/2 ; Draw – 3 ; Argentina – 1/2
- Morocco vs. Iran
- Morocco – 5/4 ; Draw – 2 ; Iran – 5/2
- Senegal vs. Poland
- Senegal – 23/10 ; Draw – 11/5 ; Poland – 5/4
- Egypt vs. Russia
- Egypt – 16/5 ; Draw – 21/10 ; Russia – 1
Of all the teams, Nigeria will reward you with the biggest profits if they win. Tread carefully though, they are up against one of the biggest football powerhouses in the word, Argentina.