Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior odds – Best player in Brazil
The world’s most expensive footballer, Neymar, goes into this year’s World Cup in the hope that he can demonstrate his world class ability for the whole world to see. Although he won’t be playing in the colours of his new club, Paris St Germain, he will still be looking to justify the price the French club paid Barcelona for his services, to the tune of 200 million pounds.
Neymar is without question an exceptionally talented footballer with creativity, vision, speed, fantastic dribbling and the ability to score goals from anywhere. The ex-Barcelona man will be a key player for Brazil at this summer’s World Cup and his influence on the team cannot be understated. After Brazil’s crushing 7-1 defeat to Germany in their own World Cup four years ago, Brazil and Neymar will be desperate to make amends.
There is one slight problem, however. Neymar is currently nursing an injury which threatens to disrupt his World Cup preparation and may even rule him out of Brazil’s first couple of games. Neymar picked up a metatarsal injury in February and has not been involved in action since then.
He has recently started some light training and with just over a month to go until the big kick-off, Brazil will be hoping he can quickly step-up his training to be ready for Brazil’s first game on the 17th June.
Nevertheless, Neymar is still most definitely a part of every World Cup sportsbook with many betting options involving his name available. Neymar World Cup odds include those one him being top goalscorer, golden ball winner and top assist maker. Furthermore, of course, there are bets relating to Brazil as a whole.
Neymar Top Scorer Odds World Cup
Neymar is among the favourites to be the top goalscorer at this summer’s finals, and you can find options at all the betting outlets. Here are the odds at some of the more popular sportsbooks:
- 10/1 odds available at Bet 365, Sky Bet, William Hill, Paddy Power, Betfred, Betway and BetVictor
- 11/1 odds can be found at Sun Bets, Unibets and 888 Sport
- The best odds we’ve found on Neymar to be top goalscorer are 12/1 at Coral
Brazil have got a fairly comfortable group and we can see them scoring a lot of goals. Brazil blasted in 41 goals during qualifying, and we expect them to begin the tournament in similar free-flowing fashion. Brazil certainly have the attacking talent to score a hatful of goals. If Neymar can be fit for the start of the tournament and for the duration of the World Cup, his chances of being top goalscorer are high.
Other Neymar World Cup 2018 Betting Options
As mentioned, there are a few other betting options relating to Neymar and as the World Cup draws nearer, more will undoubtedly crop-up. Here are three good options available right now:
- LeoVegas odds of 10/1 on Neymar getting the most assists
- 14/1 at Sky Bet for Neymar to win the best player award/goldenball award
- Brazil World Cup winners and Neymar to be top goalscorer at 25/1 at Sky Bet
The best Brazil World Cup bets we have found are as follows:
- Evens at LeoVegas for Brazil to be the top performing South American team
- 1/2 offered at William Hill for Brazil to reach the quarter-finals
- Coral have Brazil down at 6/5 to reach the semi-finals
- Betfair are currently offering 13/5 on Brazil reaching the final
- The best current odds on Brazil winning the tournament are to be found at Unibet and 888 Sport and they are 19/4
To conclude, we think that putting a bit of money on Neymar in some form of a bet is a good idea. It looks as if he will be fit for the World Cup, and he will certainly be ready to show the world why he is the most expensive footballer in the world.