Mo Salah has been an absolute sensation for Liverpool this season and has delighted the Kop with his scintillating speed, dribbling and finishing ability. Not many could have predicted that he would perform so impressively this season, but the Egyptian forward has dazzled the Premier League with goals and assists galore.
He recently became the first African player to win the Premier League PFA Player of the Year trophy, which clearly demonstrates how fantastic the former Roma man’s first season in England has been.
Considering he is in such red-hot form, perhaps you have wondered what the current Salah World Cup odds are. This is where we step in. We have browsed the betting markets to see what we could find. Below you will find a selection of the best Salah World Cup odds available as well as some Egypt World Cup odds.
Salah Top scorer Odds World Cup
Considering Salah has scored 42 goals for Liverpool this season, the market for top goalscorer is the one you will probably be curious about. Egypt are obviously not at the level of other countries in the competition and the odds for Mo Salah reflect this. Here are the odds at some of the most popular bookmakers:
- 33/1 offered at Paddy Power, William Hill and Betway
- Best odds to be found are 40/1 and you can get these odds at Bet 365, Sky Bet, Ladbrokes, Sun Bets, Coral, Betfred and BetVictor
Egypt World Cup 2018 Odds
Salah, along with his Egyptian team mates, will be hoping they can cause a few upsets at this summer’s tournament. Egypt have been drawn in Group A along with Russia, Saudi Arabia and Uruguay. This is quite a tough group for Egypt, but one which they may just progress from.
Uruguay are favourites to win the group. Russia, as hosts, are favoured to finish second. Still, Russia don’t have the best of squads and we feel that Egypt are capable of causing an upset and pipping them to second. If Mo Salah can replicate some of his Liverpool form, this is all-the-more likely.
Egypt’s crunch game will be their second one on the 19th June against Russia. This is likely to be the decider in Group A as both Egypt and Russia should beat Saudi Arabia and both sides will probably struggle to avoid defeat against a talented Uruguay side.
Here are some of the Egypt World Cup betting options. We have tried to source the best odds out there, but we encourage you to have a browse around before wagering.
- At Betway 13/8 is on offer for Egypt to qualify from Group A
- At both Betway and Betfair 11/2 on Egypt to win the group
- LeoVegas are currently offering 3/1 on Egypt being the top-performing African side
- 9/1 at William Hill and Betway for Egypt to progress to the quarter-finals
- At Coral you can get 25/1 on Egypt reaching the semi-finals
- 125/1 at Betway on Egypt reaching the final
- 300/1 at Unibet and 888 Sport on Egypt winning the World Cup
Other Salah World Cup Odds
If you fancy a more unusual bet, there are many options out there for you to have a look at. Would you say it’s completely implausible for Mo Salah to score the best goal at the World Cup for example? We don’t think so. Here are some of the bets you can place and the odds for them:
- 300/1 for Salah to get the most assists at the World Cup is currently offered at LeoVegas
- 66/1 at Sky Bet for Salah to be the best player at the World Cup
- For Salah to score the best goal at the World Cup, odds of 50/1 are available
- There are also a number of double bets involving Salah which are available at Sky Bet. You can get 500/1 on a double of Salah being the top goalscorer and a certain country winning the World Cup
We think the odds bouncing around the sports betting sites represent the reality. Although a top-drawer player, Salah will not be playing with the same players he mixes with at Liverpool, meaning that the likelihood of him being top goal scorer is very slim. But, for a more unpredictable bet such as scoring the goal of the tournament, this might be worth a couple of pounds considering Salah’s ability!