Nairo Quintana is one of the reigning superpowers in the cycling world, and no, that really isn’t an overstatement. A quick glance through what Nairo Quintana has achieved in the recent years and you will see nothing, but top three finishes in most of the races that he has competed in.
Known to his fans by the name “El Cóndor de los Andes”, Nairo Quintana is a specialist climber. Steep ascends are his forte and the best part is, he is able to continuously go on the offense for long periods at a time. In fact, he is one of the few specialist climbers in the world, who is also a good time trialist.
That said, he has gone to win both the Giro d’Italia and the Vuelta a Espana in 2014 and 2016 respectively. He has yet to win any Tour de France races to date, but has attained second places in the 2013 and 2015 Grand Tour.
In this article, we will tell you all you need to know about Nairo Quintana including his betting odds in the various Tour de France markets. Read on to find out!
Nairo Quintana Predictions For The Tour de France 2018
Here comes the million dollar question – can Nairo Quintana win the Tour de France 2018? Absolutely! We predict Quintana will finish Top 3 at the very least alongside the likes of Chris Froome and Richie Porte.
Given his stellar track record in the recent years and also his current performance, it is not difficult to see why he is in top spot to win this year’s Tour de France. We believe Nairo Quintana will not only be gunning for the general classification but also for the Mountains Classification.
Nairo Quintana Betting Odds
Now that we are all well informed of the strengths of Nairo Quintana, making decisions when betting on him can be done with confidence. The following are the various markets that you can bet in, and their respective odds.
- Tour de France Winner: 9 – Betstars
- King of the Mountains: 16 – Coral
- Top 3 Finish: 7/4 – 10Bet
- Top 10 Finish: ¼ – Bet365
- To Win Any Stage: 11/10 – Betstars
Nairo Quintana Recent Achievements
Winning races and stages has pretty much become second nature to Nairo Quintana. Throughout his professional career, he has won tens of races if not more on top of multiple Classification awards.
Being in top form at the moment, he is in position to win more races and we know he will be doing just that in the upcoming Tour de France and other races later this year.
To put things in perspective of how accomplished Nairo Quintana actually is, here are a few of his notable achievements in the last couple of years:
- 2nd overall – Volta a Catalunya
- 2nd overall – Colombia Oro y Paz
- 3rd overall – Tour de Suiise
- 1st overall – Tirreno-Adriatico
- 1st overall – Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana
- 2nd overall – Giro d’Italia
- 2nd overall – Vuelta a Asturias
- 1st overall – Vuelta a Espana
- 1st overall – Volta a Catalunya
- 1st overall – Tour de Romandie
- 1st overall – Route du Sid
- 2nd overall – UCI World Tour
- 3rd overall – Tour de France
- 3rd overall – Tour of the Basque Country
- 3rd overall – Tour de San Luis