With the final title in their rock series coming up, NetEnt have already planned a new line of games they wish to release. It's unclear if Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood marks the first in a new series or not, but this mobile slot looks to be promising indeed. The fairy tale theme may have been done to death, but somehow it feels fresh and unique – it's always the case with NetEnt's content. Red Riding Hood offers a ton of features which fit the theme well and reward the player generously. But is there too much to get your head around? Let's find out.
Upon closer inspection, NetEnt seems to have made a few bizarre choices when it comes to the features of this game. For instance, we don't remember there ever being a fairy in the original story. Yet there are no fewer than three fairy-based features. We're not sure if it's “fairy tale” being taken too literally or whether it's going to become a recurring theme for future mobile slots, but the features based around this are:
- Fairy Magic Spin – This feature covers all of the reels with the same symbol, giving you the chance of getting four or five of a kind
- Fairy Surprise – This will appear when you don’t get a aligning symbols; the feature will select any of the medium pay symbols and spin it again until a win occurs
- Fairy Wild Spin – Three or four wild symbols appear on reels two, three or four including a sticky wild re-spin for the chance to get more wins
Aside from those, players also get a selection of more relevant Red Riding Hood themed bonuses. They include:
- Free Spins Bonus – Journey with Red Riding Hood as he helps you acquire free spins on the reel
- Beware the Wolf! – Collect multipliers as you journey to Grandma's house
To top it all off, there is a treasure chest bonus which, again, we wonder what that has to do with Red Riding Hood. But, at the same time, we don't really care. It's a fun little extra that once again offers more chances of winning big.
This game is very reminiscent of NetEnt's previous mobile slot Koi Princess. And no, not because of the fairy tale theme – Koi Princess is heavily based around manga/anime.
What makes them similar is their numerous features. While the game is still immensely satisfying to play, it's hard to deny that the slot is a little overstuffed. Almost every other spin you activate another feature which can be a little distracting at first but we'd argue it's easy to get used to once it increases your winnings.
We hope Fairy Tale Legends: Red Riding Hood will be the same. Although we must say that sometimes less is more. Not every player wants their slots to be stuffed with features. Not every player wants winning to be too easy. Otherwise, what's the point? Where's the fun in it?
Fairytale Legends: Red Riding Hood is set for release on 24th October. Be sure to play it here at GoWin casino!